What is the Pupil Premium?
The pupil premium provides additional funding on top of the main funding a school receives. The purpose of the funding is to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. Eligible pupils are those who are currently on Free School Meals (FSM) or have been in the past six years (Ever6/E6).
What is the purpose of the Pupil Premium?
Nationally, pupils who have been eligible for Free School Meals in their school careers consistently underperform when compared to their peers. Statistics show that the likelihood of a pupil eligible for FSM achieving five or more GCSEs at A*-C including English and mathematics is less than one third of a non-FSM pupil.
At the Skegness Academy, we are passionate that all of our pupils have the same opportunities available to them and so have very clearly defined principles for our Pupil Premium expenditure:
- We are committed to ensuring that all pupils succeed.
- We are committed to narrowing the gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers.
- We have high expectations of every pupil regardless of their background.
- We ensure that teaching and learning meets the specific needs of all pupils.
- We ensure that all pupils progress is monitored effectively and intervention is provided promptly.
- We constantly monitor and review the impact of intervention strategies
In order to judge the impact of Pupil Premium expenditure on pupil outcomes we will use the following criteria.
- 5+ A*-C including English and mathematics percentage
- Average Points Score – English and mathematics
- Progress in English and mathematics
- Progress 8
- Reading Ages
- Attendance percentage
- Persistent Absence percentage
- Fixed Term Exclusions percentage
- Value Added – best eight including equivalents
For each measure we will compare Pupil Premium pupils against other pupils in the Academy. We will also compare the achievement of our Year 11 against all pupils nationally.
Academic Year 2017 - 2018
Please click here for the Pupil Premium Statement
Please click here for the Pupil Premium Policy