This fund is designed to help young people who face financial challenges if they choose to continue in further education.
The Bursary Fund has two elements:
- A maximum bursary of £1,200 per annum for young people in care, care leavers, young people in receipt of Income Support and disabled young people in receipt of Disability Living Allowance.
- Discretionary awards are available to other students facing financial barriers to participation in education, such as the cost of transport, meals, books and equipment which are dependent on house hold income.
Discretionary bursaries will be awarded as a full or part contribution towards the cost of the following types of expenditure where young people are unable to meet those costs through any other means.
The bursary can only be used for goods or services related to supporting the attendance and participation of our students.
- Examination re-sit fees/UCAS fees
- Meals at the Academy
- Academy Uniform
- Equipment and materials required in order to complete the course
- Educational visits or work related activities that are a compulsory element of the programme of study.
- Other expenses approved by the Academy that are related to supporting attendance and participation
How will I be paid?
- Payments will be paid by way of reimbursement upon submission of receipts once approved by sixth form staff.
- There are five termly payments. This will be paid by BACS into a bank account.
Bursary payments can be held back if students do not adhere to the Skegness Academy policies:
- Be on target in all subjects
- Follow Academy policies on behaviour and conduct
- Maintain good attendance
To be eligible for the full bursary of £1 200, we must receive evidence that the young person is in care, is a care leaver or is in receipt of Income Support and/or be in receipt of Disability Living Allowance.
To be eligible for the discretionary award, the household income must be less than £16,160
In order to assess eligibility, the Academy will request information relating to all aspects of household income:
- Tax Credit Awards
- Child Tax Credit Awards
- Award letter for any benefits