Bullying is when a person or group deliberately tends to cause someone else to feel hurt, distressed or humiliated.
Bullying is not acceptable
- We want everyone at the Academy to feel safe and secure.
- We believe no one should be bullied in any way.
- Verbal abuse of another pupil is bullying.
- A physical attack on a pupil is bullying.
- We must all make sure bullies never win.
If you or someone you know is being bullied:
- Watching and doing nothing supports the bully.
- Tell a member of staff or a member of your family immediately.
You cannot deal with a bully by yourself:
- Talk to a teacher, your tutor, your Head of Year, your parents or one of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Do not give in to demands for money, sweets or anything else.
- Do not try to buy the bully off with sweets or other presents.
TOGETHER WE CAN AND WILL STOP BULLYING!