All pupils at the Skegness Academy have access to a broad and balanced curriculum. The Academy has a comprehensive intake, taking pupils of all abilities.
We set our groups by ability. We believe this gives pupils the best experience, working at the pace necessary to give them the highest possible standard of education. It also allows us to challenge and support appropriately.
In Years 7-9 most pupils will study English, mathematics, science, geography, history, RE, modern foreign languages, ICT, technology (including food), expressive arts (music, drama), art and PE.
Key features of our curriculum include:
- Specialisms of literacy and mathematics.
- The creative use of extensive computer technology to enhance learning.
- Accelerated learning to ensure the most able pupils are challenged to achieve the highest of standards.
- High quality Special Needs support for those who need additional help with their learning.
- A major focus on examination success at GCSE and A level.
- A wide range of GCSE and other Level 2 courses.
- Access to a wide range of cultural, sporting and outdoor pursuits activities.
- Access to high quality work experience opportunities.
In Years 9, 10 and 11, pupils are able to select some of the courses they wish to pursue. They will continue with key subjects from earlier years but will also be able to choose new/optional courses, typically including GCSEs and high quality vocational subjects.
In the Sixth Form we offer a growing range of A Level and high quality vocational courses. We also offer students the chance to resit GCSE English and mathematics, where appropriate.