Enrichment and Self-supported Study
All students have two double periods (2x 100 minutes) of Enrichment each week. The Enrichment timetable runs for one full term and then changes.
Examples of Enrichment sessions –
- Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
- Cooking on a budget including Basic Food Hygiene
- Financing and budgeting
- Application writing skills
- CV writing skills
- Interview skills and techniques
- Sports and team building including visiting local gyms and swimming pools
- Researching skills and techniques
- Basic foreign language skills
- Work experience in the Year 7 Base to support UCAS and job applications
- Current affairs
- DIY skills
The Enrichment programme supports the Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural (SMSC) agenda through subtle learning of responsibility, citizenship and personal accountability.
The sessions are mostly run by Learning Mentors with some staff supporting subject specific sessions.
All students design and produce a professional CV as part of a Record of Achievement. They are taught organisation and professional through compiling all their qualifications (both inside and outside school) along with their CV so that they are prepared for Higher Education and/or employment.
Click here to view the Enrichment timetable for Term 1 and 2.
Click here to view the Enrichment timetable for Term 3, 4 and 5.
All students have one double period (100 minutes) of SSS each week. The time is used to catch up on work and complete wider reading. Some students support in the Year 7 Base to build up hours for evidence to support University applications.