Governance for the Skegness Academy
Each Academy within the Greenwood Academies Trust has its own Advisory Council (AAC) that works closely with each Principal.
Each AAC is a small group and has staff, parent and community representation. It is not, however, the same as a traditional governing body as it has no legal responsibilities. These responsibilities are held by the GAT Trust Board.
Each AAC meets formally at least termly and AAC members are encouraged to play an active part in the day to day life of the Academy .
This Council has three key roles in terms of the development and success of the Skegness Academy:
- To advise and act as a critical friend to the Principal of the Academy and to advise the Board of Directors of the Greenwood Dale Foundation Trust about local issues they need to consider that affect the Academy.
- To represent the interests of the Academy community in the running of the Academy and to represent the Academy in its community.
- To provide support to the Principal of the Academy in undertaking appropriate day to day procedures that are essential to the life of the Academy, such as disciplinary and complaint procedures.
Membership of the Skegness Academy Advisory Council
- The Academy Head of School / Executive Principal
- Between two and four members of the community or key representatives of local businesses.
- Between two and four parents (who at the time of appointment have a child at a GAT Academy)
- Up to two members of staff from the Academy
- A Central Team Education Advisor
|Senior Executive Principal:||Todd Johnson|
|Community Member:||Rebecca Graves|
|Community Member:||Chris Baron (Chair)|
|Community Member:||Lee Johnston|
|Parent Member:||Steve Crump|
|Parent Member:||Tammy Prescott|
|Staff Member:||Lara Oldfield|
|Staff Member:||Sam Dyers|