P.E and Sport
- Mr J Maycock - Assistant Principal for Sport and Social Science Faculty
- Mr K Rayner - Head of Physical Development
- Mr Field - Teacher and Senior Assistant Principal
- Mr C Harker - Teacher and Head of Year 9
- Mrs K Bloodworth - Teacher and Key Stage 3 Co-ordinator
- Miss B Hunt - Teacher
- Mr D Bailey - Teacher
- Mrs H Willis - Teacher and Head of Year 11
- Mrs S Fieldman - Teacher and Assistant Principal
HEALTHY LIFESTYLES. ACTIVE BODY. POSITIVE MIND
What we offer
The Skegness Academy offers as wide a range of physical activities alongside a range of vocational qualifications.
The Academy ensures continuity and progression across and within the key stages so that all pupils can develop a knowledge and understanding of the physical education programme.
All pupils are encouraged to have an understanding of the need for a healthy and active lifestyle and a knowledge of the necessity of achieving and maintaining fitness through an active body. Whilst at the same time facing challenges via a positive mind.
The sports covered include Netball, Table Tennis, Athletics, Basketball, Football, Rugby, Rounders, OAA, Fitness, Gymnastics, Badminton and Cricket. The Academy organises internal competitions within our Trust and also competes against schools within the local Coastal and Wolds in a range of sports.
Please click here for information about Key Stage 4 Sport
The Academy provides pupils with access to high quality facilities:
- 7 Netball/Tennis courts
- 5 Badminton court Sports Hall
- Auditorium with stage area
- 3 football pitches (1 senior/1 Junior/1 9x9)
- Grid squares
- 1 Rugby Pitch
- 6 lane 400m track
- 8 lane 100m straight
- Fitness Suite
The Academy has strict guidelines on dress and all pupils are expected to wear the full Academy uniform. The PE uniform consists of:
- Black SKA polo shirt.
- Black SKA hooded sweatshirt.
- Black shorts, jogging bottoms or leggings.
- Suitable trainers or other PE footwear
Events, Fixtures and Extra Curricular Activities
We aim to offer students a wide range of opportunities to take part in competitive situations against students within our county as well as take part in Inter Academy events, competing against students from across our Trust.